These are the game mechanics of OverRapid.
- Short Note: Tap on the keys when it is reaches the judgement line. Its color is blue.
- If they're appears in multiple counts, they displays as silver color.
- Long Note: This note is the similar to the Short Notes but need to keep holding until it's end reaches the judgement area.
- The combo of this time will accumulate continuously, but stops holding when waiting will breaks the combo.
- The timing of releasing doesn't affect the judgement.
- Scratch Note: Slide in any direction. This note usually comes down on 3rd and 4th key. Its color is red.
- Scratch Long Note: This note is similar to the Scratch Notes but need to press down until it's end reaches the judgement area.
The judge of this game means the timing when player taps an note. Each judge effects the score and combo when playing, and each judge has a different score proportion.
|Judge||Score||Combo||Effect on Normal Gauge||Effect on Hard Gauge||Effect on Hell Gauge||Description|
|100%||Yes||+0.20%||+0.08%||+1.00%||Hitting a note with precise timing awards this judgement.|
|60%||+0.10%||+0.02%||-2.00%||Hitting a note with slightly early/late timing awards this judgement.|
|25%||0.00% [?]||0.00% [?]||-3.00%||Hitting a note with considerably early/late timing awards this judgement.|
|10%||No||-1.00%||-3.00%||-10.00%||Hitting a note with incredibly early/late timing awards this judgement.|
|0%||-2.00%||-5.00%||-50.00%||Not hitting a note awards this judgement.|
The main score of a song is based on the judgement of each note. Each note haves different proportion of the main score. For example, the EXCELLENT judgement gives 100% score, that means the each note's EXCELLENT judge equals to the main score rating of a song that multiplied by 100. The formula of calculating score is:
|MAXX (MX)||1000000 (Get all EXCELLENT judge on FULL COMBO)|
|S++||950000 - 999999|
|S+||900000 - 949999|
|S||850000 - 899999|
|A||800000 - 849999|
|B||700000 - 799999|
|C||600000 - 699999|
|F||Under 600000 (Failing rank)|
The degree of the rewards when player earn may effected to the grading that when finished.
- All rewards will be disabled if a player obtains an F rank or gets a 0.00% score on any combo gauge. [?]
- This indicates if you completed this chart in certain conditions. This includes FULL COMBO (Clear with no BAD or MISS) and MAXX (Clear with only EXCELLENT while FULL COMBO) .
- Fade In/Out: Applies fade in/out effect to notes.
- Blink: Applies blink effect to notes.
- Auto Play: Plays the game automatically. All rewards are disabled.
- Hard Judgement: Changes judgement area to ±37.125ms from ±82.5ms, and disables control by sliding between keys.
- Randomize: Shuffles around the lane that note will come down. The lane of each note will be randomized.
- The option is now divided to "Line Randomize" and "Note Randomize". Each option has different effect.
- Clap sound mode: Activates the sound effect when touching the key.
- The key's sound in Android or iOS has a difference.
- Mirrorize: Flips the side of the notes. The note will appear with the vertically flipped patterns.
- Screen Record: Records the video when playing and share it.
- This function is currently only available in Android.
- Apply Combo Gauge: Adds the "Combo Gauge" when playing. Initial status is 80%. If the player depletes the combo gauge to 0.00%, the game will be instantly over. This option has 3 individual modes: Normal Gauge, Hard Gauge and Hell Gauge.
- For the mechanics of the increasing and decreasing of Combo Gauge, see above.
This option can let the players to configure their gaming UI style before playing, including changing the UI style, note visuals, pattern flow speed and the Boost Module when playing.
In the interface, the left side shows the effect when enabling these settings.
Gear Skin: Changes the UI skin.
Note Skin: Changes the player's note and effect style.
BGE: Changes the BGE.
Speed: Changes the pattern flow speed.
Boost Module: Changes the using Boost Modules when playing. This section is only available when the player in connected to an Internet connection.
This is used as a representative value to measure the player's playing skills.